Wednesday, April 15, 2009

What the...?

Today is April 15 it is a bad day because it is tax day and that sucks for us. And it is a worse day because this morning when I left for work it was slushing! We even had some pretty big flakes during the day, which I did not get a picture of and here is what it currently looks like outside of my apartment.




I would be fine if it were raining after all April showers bring May flowers right? But when was the last time your shower snowed? It doesn't and it shouldn't be now. Other than the huge worms all over the sidewalk that is really the only thing wrong with today. I really have nothing to do so I am blogging (maybe not the best idea, sorry!)
Yesterday my dad came up to get his glasses fixed and we went to dinner after wards and he brought me flowers just for being a great daughter (favorite!)



Another happy thing. I have a full fridge!


That might seem really random to you but sometimes I don't go to the store for weeks! It is kind of sad to admit that. If you were thinking we must eat out a lot, you were right, but I am trying to be better however it is very hard! I even got delicious strawberries! I was going to make strawberry shortcake but we are eating the angel food cake I made and the strawberries taste so good by themselves they might be gone before we make dessert!

Speaking of desserts we had Easter with my family and I was in charge of dessert. I made 3 homemade pies. That is right homemade, even the crusts!!! I made Key Lime (my favorite) Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip and lemon meringue. They all turned out delicious and I was so proud of myself! I wish I would have taken pictures. They were yummy! Easter was a little different this year, we don't really have any little kids who do the egg hunt so my Aunt Linda put the dollar bills in eggs and hid them for our "little boys" Tanner and Chad who are 13, Spencer 15 Matt and Andy 16 and 19(?). Cute!

Because all of our money went to paying Taxes Ryan had to do a medical research study just to earn some extra money. Poor boy has to go in every morning this week to dose which is extremely hard for him. The information packet says "Rifampin may cause side effects such as urine, stools, saliva, sputum, sweat, and tears to turn red-orange; this effect is harmless." But will still shock you when it happens! Ryan called me the other day at work to tell me how surprised he was the his urine was red-orange! We think it is pretty funny, hopefully not too much information. But I love his dedication! The things we will do to make some cash! Anyway I have nothing more to ramble on about so you are done now. yea!

2 comments:

Kalli said...

I am so proud of you for making pies! I love making apple pie, and feel that homemade crusts (and apple filling for that matter) is becoming a lost art. That sounds like a fun Easter egg hunt to me! My mom told me that none of my brothers got any eggs with money. She said it didn't help that Matt was running around like a chicken with his head cut off.

Cammie said...

you think the weather was bad up there? We got a foot of snow down here!