Friday, August 29, 2008

East Canyon

Last weekend we went up to East canyon for my work party. I'll just tell you now I am not very good at directions, and sadly enough there were like 2 turns! But I will explain why, Dr. Bateman printed off directions on google maps and it seemed simple enough but the exit we were supposed to take was closed so we had to take the next exit and get back on. Well the directions said to get off exit 134 toward UT-165 and then on the next line it said turn left onto UT-165 and then it had .4 miles. So we got off and went left since it was really the only way you could go, and .4 miles passed and there was no turn off when we came to a left turn we took it and there were no signs saying what road you were on. So we ended up going down emigration canyon a few miles before we decided it was the wrong road. Once we were headed in the I read the directions to Ryan and we both realized that the left hand turn referred to the turn off the exit ( I still don't know why they had to make that one step into 2 confusing steps!!) Ryan was a little frustrated with me! But the rest of the day was a blast! I love being out in the sun doing anything and boating is especially fun, my favorite thing to do it tubing which we did first and I forgot to bring the camera on the boat or we would have had some GREAT pictures and videos. I went 2 times once with Cathy and next with Ryan and I am the kind of person who will hang on for dear life because I don't want to go flying off so I was the tube champ! Sunday and monday however I couldn't move! I could hardly put my shirt on, I hurt so bad! We also tried wakeboarding which neither Ryan or I have ever done, I have water skied before. Ryan went first and did great!


and he is also very good looking!!
But he got up his first try. I knew he would because he is good at things like that.


Here he is wakeboarding. He got out of the wake and even did a few jumps, a few more times and he will be doing flips! I however did not get up...it was really hard and I was probably more sore than I knew at the time, but I did try. I have some videos but I can't get them on. So maybe next time. But that was fun

Sunday we spoke in church about the Power of prayer I think it went well and I am so happy it is over. That was the first time I have had to speak since we have been married. Ryan's talk was great and very powerful.

Monday was very eventful. I went to work like every other day and Ryan started another semester at the U. That afternoon I got a call from him. He said "I might have bought something" I said you might have or you did? He did and it was a surprise so he stopped by. The surprise was for me, it was an I phone!! Sweet! I was excited we have been looking at getting one and they had a good deal at the school so it finally convinced Ryan. I think he was just buttering me up for his next phone call. He called me again later and wanted permission ( he asked this time because it is much bigger) to buy skis! I am so nice and said yes so he got his birthday present early! It was kind of a crazy day! But fun! So now I am all caught up for at least a day. Tomorrow we are driving up to Rexburg for Ryan's sister Ashley's wedding! We are way excited!

1 comment:

Caroline said...

I can just picture you know, hanging on for dear life behind the boat - not willing to let go because that would be the wuss thing to do. It makes me laugh just thinking about it. I love hearing about the things you two are up too.