Friday, January 18, 2008

Everything else inbetween

New Years we were pretty boring and went to bed early. But New Year's day we went down to AF and my Grandparents take everyone bowling I always look forward to that. We had a really fun time I even beat Ryan on the second game YES! Just luck though. After we went to lunch at JCW's. I love spending time with family during the holidays it is such a wonderful time of year. We are excited to have Russ and Erica in Salt Lake now it is nice to have friends so close by! This is me and their daughter Alice on Christmas

she is so darling!

Ryan is taking a full load of classes this semester including wheel pottery and classical Mythology. And still working at the airport part-time. We are both doing well I am going to cooking and book club with the RS we are reading Mary and Joseph. I just started it but hear it is really good so I am excited for my new clubs and to get to know more people in the ward. We are once again looking for a new place to live. About a month after we moved into our new apt. the owners told us they were selling the house so we are tying to find something in the ward before we get booted out!

Now I have to make a breast cancer plug. There are quite a few women in my family who have breast cancer several have found lumps very young even in their 20's. I hope you will all take a minute every month to perform self breast exams. It really hit home today for me hearing that another one of my cousins found out she has breast cancer. She has 4 beautiful little girls and will most likely have to go in for radiation and chemo. If you didn't know my mom also was diagnosed with precancerous calcifications. She had a double mastectomy and we found out she carries the BRCA gene (for breast cancer) after that I was tested and I also have the gene. Really breast cancer can be caught early and treated it is just a matter of taking the time to take care of ourselves. We are worth it. Think of all the people in your life who think you are worth it too.

Other than that we are really doing well. Next month will be our 1 year anniversary time goes by so quickly! But I am truly blessed. I love you all! Have a wonderful day.

3 comments:

Kelltie said...

I appreciate the plug for breast cancer! I couldn't agree with you more! Much better to catch it early! Also, sounds like you have been up to a lot of fun!

Bethany said...

I'm just happy you finally posted again-sheesh!

Bethany said...

I'm just happy you finally posted again-sheesh!